Garden drip systems installed in your home garden can save you time and money.
Installing a garden drip system for your home garden is an excellent way to provide the water needed for healthy and vibrant plants this spring. Drip systems feed the water directly to the root system to provide the most effective watering. Here is a quick guide on how to install your system.
- Determine your garden layout by counting the number of rows and measuring the length of each row. There are several pre-assembled kits available, knowing the size of your garden will help you select the right one.
- Lay the drip tubing (or drip tape) down each row alongside the plants. This line is called the lateral and it connects to another tube that is perpendicular to the rows. This perpendicular line is called the header.
- A pressure regulator and wye filter are connected to the header. These devices control the pressure and remove small particles and debris that can clog the small drip emitter orifices.
- Once everything is installed you can connect the header to a garden hose and you are ready to go.
- Garden drip systems can be made even more efficient by installing a garden hose timer and fertilizer injection system.
For more information about installing a garden drip system contact the pros at W.P. Law, Inc.