Frost Proof Hydrants
Need to use outdoor hose faucets in the winter? The frost proof hydrants is a simple solution to frozen outdoor faucets. A frost proof hydrant has a valve that is located below the freeze level in the bottom of the unit. This valve allows the water to drain out of the pipe that is subjected to the freezing temperature above ground.
The frost proof hydrants can be bought in various lengths to accommodate the height needed for the hose attachment. Frost proof hydrants are used a lot on farms where livestock watering is needed year around. You will also find them in various municipalities where they are needed to fill containers in freezing temperatures.
W.P. Law Inc.
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
- What is the best fertilizer for my lawn?
- How to know when it’s time to replace your pump control valve.
- When should I fertilize my lawn?
- How Do I Install an Irrigation System in my Yard?
- When would I want to use sub-surface drip irrigation versus regular drip irrigation?
- 3 Steps to Winterize Your Automatic Watering System
- Dream It, Do It! How to DIY Your Garden Irrigation
- What Landscape Professionals Are Saying About Watering Systems
- What to Know About Landscape Products, for Rookies
- The Importance of Irrigation System Design